University of Toronto

International Giving

Not a resident of Canada? Alumni and friends around the world can still help U of T in its mission.

Explore this page:

Donors in the United States

University of Toronto alumni and certain of their family members (spouses, children, grandchildren, parents and siblings) may make donations directly to the University of Toronto and use the University of Toronto charitable receipt for their U.S. income tax returns under the Canada-United States Income Tax Convention.

American citizens or residents who are not alumni or related to alumni, as well as corporations, foundations, estates and trusts, can receive a U.S. tax receipt by contributing to the University through The Associates of the University of Toronto, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 1947 to facilitate donations.

The Associates also organizes alumni events! Please visit The Associates page to learn more about these opportunities, to explore how giving through the Associates works and to read stories about how American donors made their gifts count.

Donors in Hong Kong

The University of Toronto (Hong Kong) Foundation, a registered charity with the Hong Kong government and the Inland Revenue Department, runs a scholarship program that enables students from Hong Kong to attend the University of Toronto. You can make a gift to the Hong Kong Foundation and receive a Hong Kong tax receipt.

Since launching in 1995, the Foundation has helped more than 80 brilliant students receive a transformative education. To learn more about our Hong Kong Scholars and read stories, please visit the Hong Kong Foundation page, or contact the Foundation office at 852 2375 8258 or

Donors in the United Kingdom

Residents of the United Kingdom, who are interested in making a gift in support of the University of Toronto, may receive a U.K. tax receipt by making your donation online through The University of Toronto UK Fund - Prism the Gift Fund.

For further information, please contact Michelle Woo, Director, Advancement Counsel at 00 1 416 946 7066 or

Donors in other countries

If you live outside of Canada, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom or the United States, you can still support U of T by making an online donation. You will receive an electronic Canadian tax receipt. Thank you for your support!

Have Questions?

Consult our FAQ or contact us directly if you have questions about giving, including tax implications and how we recognize your generosity.

Make a Gift

Donate securely and instantly to any area of U of T. You can also choose to honour a loved one with your online gift.